Subject: Re: [Leica] re: strobe + assistant = coool!
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:49:11 -0500

kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu (kyle cassidy)7/11/0210:12 AM

> non-bouncing head, you might be better off with a $20 swivel
headed vivitar
> with a thyristor.

I have the SF20, more powerful but small swivels with thyristors,
big quantums with TTL cords, and studio strobes; the SF20 direct
or with gerry-rigged-bouncers, using TTL metering on M6 or R8
does its own unique thing as far as giving extremely natural
looking results. I attribute these unique qualities to the
combination of ambient, flash, and the TTL metering. I've not
achieved the same effect with thyristor swivels - I can always
"see" the flash.

George