Subject: Re: [Leica] 5 more strangers
From: "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:01:22 +0100

From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 11 July 2002 13:37

> Those were sure fun shots...... I can not figure out if Christine is
sitting
> in her house or in a boat?  It is a tiny room......
http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/christine.html

From Phong:
I was wondering that myself.
A stranger let you into her home ?
You must be a charmer :-)
Of these, I like Tony the best, for the composition and subject
matter.  I tend to prefer photos of people doing their things.
     http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/tony.html
Christine is the owner of this 'Showmans' Caravan' which travelling
fairground/circus  folk used to live in. It has been maintained in the style
that it was first used (1946), right down to the 'Picture Post' magazine on
the
table. I asked her if she would sit at the  table to lend scale and human
element to the scene. During the course of our conversation I got her name.
There are  two more pics here of the interior:

http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/previews.html

The baby in the frame on the radio is Christine as is the young woman on the
mirror.

Incidentally, if there is anyone from New Hope, Pennsylvania reading this,
one of the trucks from your Baptist church has finished up in a field in the
English countryside. How on earth did that happen? There is a pic on the
same page under the two caravan interiors if proof is required.

Graham
http://geebeephoto.com

Graham