Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 or not to M7, c'est la question
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:43:12 +0200

Folks, for me it's kinda strange hearing this -
I have caught myself using all the exposure modes on my R7 - from M to P -
and I've felt myself encouraged by the camera itself to switch modes! And I
keep doing it according to the situation. The only problem - if there is
one - is critical focusing for my 90/2.8. And then if smth goes wrong it's
only me to blame.

Martin

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 17:42:29 +1000 Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
wrote:

> By all means, buy the M7, but remember the
> lessons the M3/6 can teach you, or you will
> fall into lazy habits.
>
> Cheers --- does this make sense ??????? Oh well

yes it makes sense.  The SL suits me because it's manual, the R4s does not
suit me as well because it's too easy for me to devolve into laziness and
this
camera is not manual-friendly.  My limited experience with the R8 was
entirely
happy because it is soooo good in manual mode.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com