Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 and "Laziness"
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:35:40 -0700 (PDT)

Well said Alan, and welcome to the group.  Lots of
folks have complained about the M7 (and probably did
every M ever made)...but Leica is doing some things
right because they are still attracting new users from
Nikon, Canon, Minolta and others. I am new to Leica as
of two years ago and could have gotten a F5 or top of
the line Canon kit for less than I spent on my Leica,
but that was never even a consideration. I don't have
an M7 yet, but I'm glad that they made it, and will
certainly buy one at some point. If you want an SLR
there are lots of pretty good cameras. IMHO if you
want a professional level 35mm rangefinder there is
really only one choice...