Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera strap on an eyeless camera body - OT
From: alex olstein <alexolstein@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 17:09:30 -0700

Ok Jeff,

Try going to a hardware store, ( Home Depot or Lowe, or any in your area.)
and just buy a 4 inch  "L" bracket and a  1/4-20 thumb-screw ( or eye
bolt, ) and washers and 1/4-20 wing-nut, and a couple of split rings.    You
may have to drill a few holes in the bracket, but that is easy.  I used to
leave such a bracket on a tripod for vertival shots rather than flip the
tripod head.  Oh by the way , if you use a  long screw, you will damage your
camera.

Alex

 I have a FED-3 that,
 as you may know, has no eyelets for a camera strap (they are only on the
 never-ready case). Does anyone know of a simple L-shaped universal bracket
 that would fasten to the tripod screw threads and give me two eyelets on
 one side of the camera where I could put a strap. The FED never-ready case
 has a non-detaching cover and the leather stinks like hell, so I'd like to
 dispense with it altogether.

 Thanks!

 Jeffery Smith

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] OT, B.D. I got it. D100)