Subject: RE: [Leica] JPEG virus discovered
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 08:43:52 -0400

Hi Rei,

> conjuring up the eleemosynary self-administering OS by having the browser
> and email client in conjunction with incoming content automatically
> reconfigure registries and such on the fly was a bad thing.

IMO the registry is a simply horrid and feeble concept in the first place.
It makes the system fragile, and easy to damage.  I have had to completely
re-load the OS on at least four W2k machines, and then re-load EVERY
application because of registry damage (self inflicted by the OS mind you).
This is simply foolish system architecture, unfortunately the applications I
need for my work are only on Windows machines.

Austin