Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica/Heliopan filters
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 05:24:04 -0400 (EDT)

> From: bennett <3bennett@wanadoo.fr>
>
> Personally, I switched from B+W to Heliopan as the former's mounts can be
> pretty thick and thus difficult to use on a wide-angle lens with a hood (at
> least that was my experience). All Heliopan filters use thin mounts.
>
> Guy

also, the diameters of the heliopans are ever-to-slightly less than the
B+Ws, so tight-fitting bayonet hoods (such as the older noctilux or
the 28 elmarit) slide on easily.

places actually stocking a wide range of heliopans--especially the new
slim and multi-coated versions--are far and few between.  heliopan is
one of the more poorly distributed super-premium brands out there.

i'm going to call up rich pinto for my newest heliopans today.

- -rei

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey