Subject: Re: [Leica] 12 or 16 mm white spot on M
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 10:07:36 -0700

Christer Almqvist wrote a whole bunch of stuff on the white meter spot and:

>>> One other thing that surprised me reading the M7 experience of some
> of the more eloquent contributors, is how pleased they were with
> having so many perfectly exposed negatives. Exposure problems are
> much less of a problem for me than perfectly focused negatives<<<

Hi Chris,
However, the M7 because it does the metering so well without the
photographer  twiddling aperture ring and or shutter speed dial for correct
exposure, it allows the photographer to be more precise at focusing, wide
open or otherwise.

And even though I sound like a raving manic about the roll after roll of
perfectly exposed frames, I'm far more impressed that it does it right and
gives me more time to be critical at focusing.

It's a no brainer purchase as far as I'm concerned for working pros
committed to using  two or three M cameras at the same time.  Simply because
all the rolls come out looking equally exposed.  And sharp! ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from "Gene" <sop@erols.com> (Re: [Leica] 12 or 16 mm white spot on M)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] 12 or 16 mm white spot on M)