Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon 8000 scanner
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 05:27:50 -0700 (PDT)

Well my experience with scanning so far with scanning
is start the scan and go get a cup of coffee.  (I
haven't used the Nikon 8000 yet because the damn
Gateway is STILL in the shop...they didn't order the
parts for two days after I brought it in).

From what I understand the Nikon is not going to be
fast, particularly if I use the 16X scan feature (it
is supposed to be about 7.5 minutes per shot). From
what I can see so far, fast and scan do not come
together in anything I can afford....maybe if I had
$100K to spend it might improve, but unless I win the
lottery that won't happen (and I've never bought a
lottery ticket so it's pretty unlikely).

I'll just be happy if after all the time I can get a
good print with no noise off my Epson 3000.