Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: FOM 2/year 2
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 20:09:30 -0700

clifford wright wrote:

>  With all due respect this is a public list.
>  Now if its a secret club then maybe you should come
> up with a password.  : - )
> Clif Wright
> A new member of the lug. Whether you like it or not. :
> - )
>
><Snip>

So is this this persons first post?

Good for him! He's a braver man than I'll ever be.

I think my first post was some innocuous wimpy thing about lens caps and
UV filters or some such thing.

The idea of laying back a little when you are new to any type of human
being cluster to me is such an obvious part of common sense and
etiquette that it is almost not worth mentioning.

I've never heard this "Clifford Wright" name in my life and it seems
funny getting into an argument about  the goings on with this list with
him.  ..or any unfamiliar name of course!.

This of course exactly illustrates my point. Here we are with newbies
throwing their weight around.

I really do think its human nature that I'm going to feel more
comfortable discussing things with this fellow in a week or so when
things smooth out and we all get to know each other.

Wouldn't people say things like "Hello I'm new to the list i just bought
a Leica M6 and i want to know what lens to get for it..... that kind of
thing? I thought that's what newbies did.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com