Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: FOM 2/year 2
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 17:00:38 -0300

Colin wrote:

> This is insane.  If you don't like the way the project is set up, then:
>
> 1.  Do not participate.
>
> 2.  Create your own project! Invent its name and author its rules.
>
> Stop complaining; create a solution instead.
>
> regards,
> Colin
> http://www.availabledark.com

Dearest Colin,

I don't think insane is the adequate term to fit well in here.
Maybe a little bit unfair. But that's not the point.

When one reads, grandiloquently FoM2 one thinks of something big, thinks in
something wider concerning, including, involving the most one can imagine re
the huge family of man. "Man" is a very wide and intense concept indeed,
Family of man is even more intense and/or wider.

So, why would you and/or others state that the only images to enter the
project should have to be this or that brand.
As much wide is the FoM2 project, and really it is, as much wider would have
to be our minds supporting it.

Going simpler, as you not so humbly suggest, would render a narrower result
as a reflection of our narrower minds, and souls too.

And we're not complaining, just suggesting. I didn't see anybody complaining
but maybe criticizing keeping forms in place.
I wonder why you feel bothered ...

Sometimes elitist arguments used to lead people towards very undesirable
goals. I would not like to name nor start a thread about that.

Existing people wanting or willing to participate of the project and
rejecting them or us, by those weak reasons really sounds insane.

now let me suggest you to relax... maybe while fondling your Leica gear
start thinking that human beings are quiet much more than a simple brand,
then than Leica too. This is about human beings, not cameras, not brands.

Hope this helps

Pablo