Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: To M7 or not to M7, c'est la question - LONG
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 08:58:06 EDT

drlee9@earthlink.net writes:

> I broke the 28-70 (it took a
>  header from about 5ft onto a carpeted floor while attached to an EOS-1V HS.
>  Broke in two. ) It snapped right at the base

Thirty years ago at the Norfolk Hotel in Nairobi I dropped a 35/2 Summicron
from just under 5 feet onto a hard tile bathroom floor. Bent bayonet flange.
Sent to Vinnie Fochtman, top lens guy at Leitz/Rockleigh, with request to
examine and repair flange only if lens elements all perfectly centered and
undamaged and mechanical functions flawless, otherwise return for me to sell
and replace. Lens back in two weeks, no charge. Vinnie said lens perfect and
he was able to "unbend" the bent flange to perfect alignment without
replacing entire flange.

That's what we pay for when we buy Leica cameras and lenses. The same reason
people used to buy Zeiss Ikon Contax cameras and lenses (you're welcome,
Marc).

Seth             LaK 9

Replies: Reply from "Doug Lee" <drlee9@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: To M7 or not to M7, c'est la question - LONG)