Subject: Re: [Leica] Slide film recommendations
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:19:26 -0400

At 05:50 PM 6/27/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Greets good LUGites;
>
>I want to copy some of my b&w prints onto slide film.
>
>In the past, I have used Agfa Scala, and although the results have looked
>superb, they nevertheless lack the warm selenium tone of the prints.
>
>Can someone here recommend a color slide film that can nicely reproduce
>toned b&w photos?

Dave -

With color slide film the most important consideration is the light used to
illuminate the prints.  If you are using tungsten light, you will get a
yellow cast to the slide.  If you want to exactly reproduce the color of
your print, you have to use lighting to match the film.  Tungsten film,
usually with a T in the name can be used with tungsten lights.  For normal
slide film, you will need to use an adjusted light - usually blue.  There
are so many variations in lights and films you just have to experiment and
decide what you like.  What I am using currently is Fuji-64T Type II,
Tungsten film with a Beseler copy stand and tungsten lights.

Hope this helps.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com