Subject: RE: [Leica] Bokeh (sp?) rant - hot to handle!
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:37:16 -0500

Actually, I'm buying bigger, wider, faster lenses of late for the bokeh
and narrow depth of field. I'm a big fan of isolating a subject by
shooting wide open. But I think the subject should be the primary reason
for the image, and the bokeh and background serving as the canvas and
contrast for the subject.

I recently bought a [gasp!] Zeiss 85/1.4 for the bokeh alone! And a
Hexanon 50/1.2 [egad!] and a 50/1.5 [shudder!] for the bokeh. I'm a
confirmed bokeh raton!

Best Regards,

Jeffery L. Smith