Subject: Re: [Leica] what glue for broken off M viewfinder foot?
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 07:01:18 -0400

Send me a photo of it and maybe I can provide better advice.

But:

1)  NEVER (repeat, NEVER) use cyano-acrylate (i.e. crazy glue) around optics.  It
migrates and is impossible to clean off.
    I have worked at optical companies that have banned their usage.

2)  the key to a strong adhesive bond is extreme cleanliness of the bonded
surface, and as much bonded surface
    as possible.  Depending on what the break looks like, you may have a chance to
repair it.

3)  I don't know of 3rd party foots, but that might be an economical choice.  Do
you have a camera repair place
    near you?  They might come up with a creative solution.

Regards
Vick