Subject: Re: [Leica] Report on putting in a digital darkroom....
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:44:31 -0700

When i think of "Digital darkroom" i don't think Digital camera.
I think film scanner/s.

Although one could say the camera and scanners are really not the darkroom.

The darkroom is Photoshop on your computer and an Epson Inkjet to print
off of it with.

Some think Scans should be done professionally and in a place that does that.

Another new option that I've done lately is getting my whole roll of
film which I've shot with my Leica M6 raw scanned at 60 mgs each onto a
CD at low cost. Like 20 bucks. That works out real well. Turns my M6
into a digital camera.

But i do have a film scanner and a better flat bet which i use to scan
medium format and larger and misc. stuff. And they usually work fine.

I think most like 90 percent of "digital photography"  on a serious and
pro level is not done with digital cameras. But regular cameras and film
scanners.  Although Digital bodies are making headway. If you're
shooting Nikon or Canon or maybe Contax.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com