Subject: Re: [Leica] Asking permission, KISS & the decisive moment
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:15:36 +0200

Thanks, Steve, you have stated my views very succinctly. I take this PAW from
last year as an example, a couple in the Paris metro:
http://www.wajsman.com/15.jpg
Sure, HCB, Willy Ronis, Brassai and many others have made beautiful images of
Parisian couples. But I do not see why that should stop me. For one, my couple is
different from their couples--dressed differently, different expressions etc. But
more importantly, it is MY image--maybe better, most likely not better than
theirs, but MINE. If people take the attitude that everything that has been done
before is not worth doing, then no women's portraits should have been painted in
the past 450 years, following the Mona Lisa.

Nathan