Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Rollei 35s advice
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:39:14 +1000

>I just bought a Rollei 35s ($130US!) that is in great shape except
>that the meter does not work. Everything else works fine and I would
>like to know if it is worthwhile getting the meter repaired. Not if
>the camera is worth it, I know it is, but if the meters are reliable
>and usable. I can just carry a handheld meter if the Rollei meters
>tank all the time.
>
>Thanks,
>
>John Collier

John,

to me the meter on the little Rollei is its "weakest" point. It is
somewhat erratic, and when you are used to the M6, it is insensitive.
Although having a meter is nice, it may be better value to accept the
camera needs an more reliable and accurate external one. Having said
that, it is good in standard shooting conditions, but then in many of
these you can use sunny 16 anyway.

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin