Subject: [Leica] PAW wk 23/sl
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 07:49:54 -0500

I am a week late in getting up these photos from Memorial Day in Washington,
DC, but I have been traveling for the past week.

The annual Memorial day at the Vietnam Wall and the Rolling Thunder
Motorcycle rally have become a very large event. All told over 2 million
people attend this annual memorial.

This establishing shot of the 'Wall' does not even begin to show the scope
of the weekend:

http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im109.jpg

People trace the name on the 'Wall' of a lost loved one onto a piece of
paper:

http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im110.jpg

People get 'Dressed' up. Taken with a 1947 Leica 111C and Summitar 50/2.0:

http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im111.jpg

THUNDER ALLEY. This has also turned into a very large commercial event:

http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im112.jpg

The 'Ride' past the 'Wall.' 350,000 motorcycles parade past the Wall. It
takes several hours for all of them to ride by:

http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im113.jpg

In 'Thunder Alley' it is like a bazaar with stands set up to sell clothing
and food:

http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im114.jpg

You can even find scantily clad, good looking, young women:

http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im115.jpg

This is my selection for this weeks PAW:

http://www.streetphoto.net/paw2002/paw2wk23.html

All comments and critique welcome.

The complete work is at:

http://www.streetphoto.net