Subject: Re: [Leica] This is LUG??
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 18:26:22 -0400

At 01:40 PM 6/6/02 -0700, you wrote:

>Not only could you drink it upon arrival for medicinal purposes, you could
>also use it as an antiseptic to pour over the wounds! ;-) Be a hell of a
>waste though, better to drink lots of it then have it seep inwards outwards.
>:-) Like inner glow and outward flow! ;-)
>ted
>
>.Ted Grant Photography Limited
>www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

About Lagavulin - this is a true story.  Last September I took a group of
doctors to Guatemala for medical clinics. In the Houston airport I picked
up a bottle of Lagavulin at the duty-free shop.  We traveled into the
North-western Highlands of Guatemala in the Cuchamatanes Mountains.  The
mountains are over 15,000 feet and look very much like Scotland - very
green, lots of sheep - but no infrastructure like electricity or
communications.  After we set up the clinics, the rest of the group went
back down the mountain to stay in Huehuetenango, taking my Lagavulin with
them.  I stayed with a local family and was almost struck by lightening
several times during a severe storm.  It was too dark for even my Noctilux.
The next morning the rest of the group came back up the mountain with the
news that the World Trade Center had been hit by planes.  They also told me
that they had drunk all of my Lagavulin while watching the BBC reports at
their hotel.  I had spent the night freezing and wet and dreaming of my
Lagavulin.  After we got back home, two of the doctors brought me bottles
of Lagavulin, but I'm not sure I'll ever forget or forgive!!!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

images available from: