Subject: Re: [Leica] What do you think... Model Release... or not?
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 16:00:29 EDT

Let me state at the outset that I did not see the original posting on this so I may be commenting without knowing what I am talking about (cries of nothing unusual in that!) but my understanding is that if a class is below the age of majority (18 in the UK) the person in charge of that class is acting 'in loco parentis' and therefore can take the responsibility. Certainly I feel that this would be the case in the UK.

Can I add that I have never obtained a model release except in the case of paid models in a studio situation, and I have never had a problem in 30 years of professional photography.

Gerry - www.gwpics.com