Subject: RE: [Leica] will I go to hell if I do not use a case or a lens cap?
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:09:50 -0600

Actually, REAL Leica users eschew any kind of lens cap - it gets in the way
of the picture. And they spat on camera cases in disgust. Just throw you
Leica lightly but loosely back into your domke and allow it to get a nice
"patina" that shows it has been used...

(If you are a little worried about the lens, buy a cheap UV filter and throw
it on the front. When it becomes to dirty or scratched or chipped, just
throw it away and put a new one on)

Better yet, if you have any problems with the lens - especially if it gets a
little tight - try vice grips - Kyle is the master at this....

:-)

tim