Subject: [Leica] Re: Filters
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 09:25:54 -0700

At 10:55 AM 6/3/2002 -0400, Louis DiBacco wrote:
>Any brand recommendations for UV filters?
>
>I don't use hoods on any of my M6 lenses and the edges are getting very
>banged up. Thanks.
>
>Lou DiBacco

Lens hoods are probably one of the best photo enhanceers and lens
protectors available. Dramatically reduce flair and eliminate finger (or
other) prints.

Photographing through a filter has the ability to increase flare and a
finger (or other) print on a filter is as bad as if it were on the lens. It
steals sharpness and again, increases flare.

Forget the filter, use a hood. The factory supplies them for a reason. When
you store your lens, use caps. That's why lenses come from the factory with
caps installed.

Jim

Replies: Reply from alex olstein <alexolstein@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Filters)