Subject: Re: [Leica] [Fwd: scanner]
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 22:48:25 -0700

Hold on, have to fold my cane.
Now to find my braille key board.
Ok, where are we? Ah yes, there we are.
Gee Austin, I didn't realize I had to be accountable to a technical run
down.
I don't write literature on the subject, and I don't think I ever will,
as I don't have to.
But, I am adamant about continuity with my optics, that's all.
My own experience has always led me in that direction.
If Leica optics didn't have that extra edge, what would be the point of
using them?
Wouldn't you want that extra qualitative element maintained throughout,
to the very end product?
Frankly, I think that is important.
I don't think it's asking too much for a broader product support from
Leica.
A support that they have provided in the past with their enlarger lines.
I have no problem with scanning, other than I would like to see Leica
address it before they lose any more ground.
Slobodan Dimitrov