Subject: [Leica] First Switzerland pictures
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 19:44:17 -0700

OK, gang, here's my first couple of pictures from my recent trip to
Switzerland and Provence.

First of all, I met this nice young lady at
Gimmelwald:  http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/switzerland/curl_st.htm

It was shot with a 25mm Skopar on my M4-P, focused as close as possible,
and shot from the chest, rather than from eye level.  Here's the same
picture, but without straightening in Picture Window Pro.  A little
cockeyed, but for some reason my wife likes it better.  What do you think?
http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/switzerland/curl_cr.jpg

High atop the Schilthorn, 9400 ft. elevation, these intrepid aviators took
off into a 40 mph headwind.  The prominent peak in the central background
is the Eiger.  25mm Skopar again.
http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/switzerland/alp_birds_takeoff.htm

Best viewed full screen.  Hit F11 in Internet Explorer.

All pictures on this trip were shot on Kodak Supra 400 Professional, but
rated at 200 rather than 400.  It really gives good shadow detail that way,
and Vuescan picks it up nicely.  For a few dark interior shots, I simply
shot at 400, giving up the safety margin.

More to come.

- --Peter

Replies: Reply from "Michael Abbott" <lists@mabot.com> (Re: [Leica] First Switzerland pictures)