Subject: Re: [Leica] Fuji Acros and Xtol 1:3
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 21:33:44 -0700

At 8:44 PM -0400 5/27/02, Don Dory wrote:
>I just wanted to break with the regularly scheduled LUG conversations to say
>that Acros and Xtol 1:3 is a wonderful combination.  Smooth tones, virtually
>no grain, doesn't block up in the highlights or fade out in the shadows.
>Real 100 speed.
>
>The breakthrough for my personal system was to use seasoned developer with a
>new mix.  So, maybe 10ml of old developer with a liter of new mix.  The
>difference is that the slope of the curve seems to be a little flatter.
>
>Another difference is that I use a full 100 ml of stock per roll of 36 and
>many of you end up at about 67 ml of stock which means that system is
>running closer to exhaustion.
>
>Ok, enough of the infomercial, back to regular LUG broadcast.
>
>Don

The 'bit of old with the new' developer thing works well with a lot
of film/developer combinations, except for tab films, especially
TMax. Those still drop off sharply at the deep end. You're just not
going to get any decent rolloff in films that don't have any
sensitivity down there.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design