Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom in a manufactured home
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 12:38:01 -0700

Thanks for the EXTENSIVE list. I'll carry this along with me when I begin
negotiations. The room is big enough that I hope to have an analog/wet side and
a digital side so all the photography stuff is in one place.

I'm assuming that vibration won't be a problem for enlargers, that I can mount
one securely enough so I can print well.

I'm planning on a Jobo for my film, but had thought just trays for wet printing
with a sink that holds them and shelving for the chemistry.

I had planned on welded-seam flooring in there and can understand the need for
the underlayer to be waterproof itself.

Now I get to shop for enlarges and stuff too! My inclination here is to stay
simple. I want a color head enlarger and good optics but it doesn't have to be
new - although I'm wary of buying used because I don't know how to evaluate the
condition of a used one. There have been many threads on optics which I'll
research, but if anyone has suggestions I'd be happy to listen.

I greatly appreciate both Charles Walden's and Don's suggestions.

Best regards,

Adam Bridge