Subject: RE: [Leica] How does the Leica R8 calculate exposure in matrix metering mode?
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 09:08:18 +0200

> > (esp. for slide film) in matrix metering mode and isn't fooled by
* > backlighting like the Canon and Nikon systems.

Alfie

Where have you heard that? Have you tried anytime a matrix Nikon or
evaluative Canon metering? Why to compare always Leica to others, if it his
true strengh is on the lenses? I've used and, of course, tested all the
three systems and the only fool was the owner (me). In my humble opinion and
experience the accuracy of any metering system is based more on the software
than in the number of metering zones and today any modern system, including
Leica, are working great. But if I had to choose a winner the Nikon F5 is
good for 99% and it is "not" at all fooled by a strong backlight.

Kind regards

Felix