Subject: Re: Wandering OT now Re: [Leica] 16 cyl
From: brad daly <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 08:48:06 -0500

On Thursday, May 23, 2002, at 08:12  AM, Craig Zeni wrote:

> Pretty much all the diesel locomotives you see are V16s...the majority
> of those from General Motors are fitted with either the 645 or 710
> model diesel...number represents cubic inches.  Per cylinder!  The
> newest units from General Electric ring in at 15.7 liters/cylinder...

i thought most locomotive engines were straight 16s, not V16s, so they'd
be narrower.  hmm.

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly/paw.html

"America sells everything with sex and then recoils when presented with
the realities of natural process."
	--Jock Sturges

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg

All my family problems disappeared overnight.
We're all takin' Zoloft, and everything is fine.
My sister's teen angst just flew out the window.
Momma's so happy, she laughs all the time.
	--Patterson Hood