Subject: Re: [Leica] Are screw Leicas usable?
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 18:41:41 +1000

>http://www.cameraquest.com/classics.htm
>
>I have always heard about how lovely the IIIg is and had a chance to
>try one several weeks back. All I can say is...get an M
>camera...really!
>
>John Collier
>
>On Wednesday, May 22, 2002, at 03:02 PM, Nash Computer Technology wrote:
>
>>Anyway, thanks for the info so far.  Can anyone recommend a website
>>that describes
>>the various models and the differences etc?

I have IIIf and IIIg, an M3 and M6 "classics". the IIIg is a nice
camera to use, but I too would prefer my "M's". You don't need a
brand new one, and some of the more populous M's will be cheaper than
a good SMC. So I'd STRONGLY recommend a nice secondhand M6 from the
early days.

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin