Subject: Re: [Leica] rob mellor PAW 18 & 19
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 07:33:45 +0200

Hi Rob,

Sorry about the delay, I am as usual behind in my viewing and posting. I am
afraid that this collection of shots are not among your better efforts. The
main problem is that most of the pictures (the seascapes as well the
building shots) lack any clear point of interest, particularly in the
foreground, where there is usually way too much dead space. As an example,
let me comment on the pier photo (Alt2, Week 19). First of all, this image
would work much better in B&W than in colour. The foreground is not very
interesting. Even though the sky is not particularly dramatic, I would
include more of it but then make it more dramatic with a polarising filter
or a dark red filter. That way the image would give more of a feeling of a
vast expanse with the tiny pier in the distance. Right now it is neither
fowl nor fish.

I apologise if I sound too harsh, but I really think that you need to work
on the composition and editing of your pictures.

Kind regards,
Nathan