Subject: [Leica] PAW 16-20, Michael G
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 21:27:38 -0500

After a few weeks away on various trips, and then returning to
try to acclimate myself to Photoshop 7 and an Epson 2450 scanner,
I'm finally ready to go public.  I'm really happy with the
improvement in quality of my b+w scans, especially given the 80k
per pic limitation of my website provider. Color is still tough.
Any tips out there about how to get files to the right size with
Photoshop?  I seem to be mostly guessing at whether a particular
level of compression will produce a decent image and still be of
a reasonable size. The "preview" of file size that Photoshop
provides isn't always accurate.
I am still working on my photo project of my daughter at
play--hope to keep it up all year.  I may start an alternate site
just to get some feedback on the street photography I've been
trying of late. Here's the goods, comments and critiques welcome:

 http://home.earthlink.net/~geeman1066/16.jpg
Exploring her favorite tunnel at her favorite playground.
 http://home.earthlink.net/~geeman1066/17.jpg
Cheesy pizza.
 http://home.earthlink.net/~geeman1066/18.jpg
Her first encounter with a crawfish.
 http://home.earthlink.net/~geeman1066/19.jpg
With Gramma at her first fais do do.
 http://home.earthlink.net/~geeman1066/20.jpg
Exercising her most active finger--thankfully, it is her index
finger--with her great uncle.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net