Subject: [Leica] Photoshop problem with Cones Inks
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 13:40:15 -0700 (PDT)

Well based on everyone's input I cancelled my Epson
2000 printer order. I considered the new 2200, but the
folks at Ink Jet Mall tell me that it will be close to
a year before the John Cones (for black and white) or
Generations Inks (for color) are available for the
seven color printers.  It seems that the new printers
(like the 2200 and others)require software to bypass
the chip that Epson now uses to attempt to prevent you
from using anyone elses inks in their printers. That
said, I decided based on lots of input (including a
call to Tina, thanks very much Tina) to go with the
Epson 3000.

Now a new problem. It turns out the the above
mentioned inks will only work with Photoshop 6.5 and
lower.  Adobe only has Photoshop 7, and it appears to
be the only release at any retailer I have been able
to find. Does anyone know where I can get a 6.5 or
earlier release of Photoshop?