Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and digital photography
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:01:32 -0400

Gee....I wonder how many of those 800 images are really worth printing...If
one assumes that the person doing the shooting can meet the "one keeper per
roll" standard, that would be 22 prints....or $13.20. Let's assume he's a
real ace, and has two shots worth printing per roll...OHMIGOD - It's going
to cost him $26.40 after shooting 800 frames! Or let's assume he's REALLY
AMAZING, and has 10 per roll worth printing - and I doubt that anyone on
this list comes anywhere near that number - or anyone anywhere comes near it
for that matter...but that would mean that it would cost him less than
$135....

Face it, despite what someone suggested, digital saves money. You can argue
all you want about the quality, but no one who has any idea what so ever
what they're talking about will contend that digital is more expensive than
film.

B. D.