Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: MIT Journalism projects
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 10:20:02 -0500

Dennis wrote:
> I can't get DSL, too far from the central office. Can't get cable modem.
> Phone co says I can get a T1, well go price one and you will know why I
> don't have a T1.   I'm more than willing to pay for DSL, but technology
fails.

Dennis,

My remark was more to the point that not everyone who works at a University
is getting a free fast T-1 ride, and if they are, it certainly doesn't come
home with them.
I know DSL is not available everywhere, in fact for several months the
demarcation line was my side street.   The neighbor opposite had DSL, and I
did not.  That changes as the technology advances and the telco puts out
additional switches.  There are also available satellite options.  I don't
know how they are priced, but I think in the same realm as DSL.

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com

Message from "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: MIT Journalism projects)