Subject: [Leica] Rottweiler attack
From: "Mitch Zeissler" <zeissler@directvinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 05:59:57 -0400

All...

As I was walking our dogs on the usual route around our block early Friday
morning, we were attacked by two loose Rottweilers.  Dawn was able to break
away and bolt for home; Riddy and I weren't so lucky.  I'll spare you the
gory details, but Riddy was injured pretty badly and required emergency
surgery to patch him up.  While trying to break his hold on Riddy during the
attack, I was bitten on the hand by the largest of the two Rottweilers.  My
injuries are not serious, but will require me to go through the series of 5
rabies shots, beginning on Monday [they are no longer the painful shots
through the abdomen].

We do not know the Rottweilers and the best suspect in the case is denying
to Montgomery County Animal Control that his two animals got out.  We spent
all of Friday getting the two of us through medical treatment and much of
yesterday trying to locate the Rottweilers, to no avail.

To keep this on topic, I *did* take photos of our injuries to keep as
evidence, plus a couple of Riddy as they were working on him, but think
they'll be too ghastly to post.

/Mitch