Subject: [Leica] Hexar/Leica back focus data point
From: Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 20:57:16 -0400

the Greenspun board has been set a-buzzing by a letter from Herb Keppler
stating that Pop Photo found a 1mm difference between the back focus of the
Leica and the Hexar RF.  That seemed to me like an absurd amount.

I just put up a page with the results of a test I did to see if my Hexar RF
and my Leica M6 would produce identical results when using a wide angle
lens, wide open, focussed at infinity (the most sensitive test for back
focus differences).

http://www.chefurka.com/Misc/BackFocus.html

Paul

Replies: Reply from Stephen Gandy <leicanikon@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Hexar/Leica back focus data point)