Subject: [Leica] SM Leicas to go
From: Mark Kronquist <mak@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 12:18:44 -0900

Gasp a spare Leica perish the thought!

however, better a Leica being used than sitting on a storage shelf...to that
end...

 I probably have a SM Leica I could spare (and a spare Canon IVF body and a
spare Bessa-R Black as well)

I do not have any spare 50 elmars but might could be talked out of a 35 f2.5
CV Pancake lens or a spare Jupiter 35, f2.8 Biogon copy, a 50 f2 Summitar
and a 25mm f4.5 w finder (again CV).

I shoot (yes shoot yes use) SM Cameras I find them a delight. Much more
pleasing to use than a modern point and shoot.

Never one to pass up a bargain I acquire SM cameras that are not mint
collectibles but are either clean and useable to begin with or CLAd back to
life. None of these are mint collectibles but they work great and the glass
is clear and clean and unscratched and the RF VF and speeds are fine)

For some odd reason IIIb (rather rare) and IIIf BD cameras seem to flock to
me (one would expect lots more III and IIIa cameras but who knows...)

Mark mak@teleport.com