Subject: [Leica] Mirror lens - Related Question
From: David Young <youngs@islandnet.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 14:13:57 -0700

Slobodan has brought up a point that has bothered me for years.

The R series cameras (at least the 5,6 & 8) all list in their instruction
books dire warnings against using two cam lenses.  The lenses MUST have the
3rd cam, or damage can occur!

Yet these same cameras work with extension tubes and mirror lenses that
have no cams just fine! (At least, they always have for me!)

Can anyone here explain WHY this is so?

What is it about 2 cams that cause problems with the R series bodies?

David (still puzzled after all these years) Young.

David Young        | Experience gained varies directly
Victoria, CANADA   | with equipment ruined.