Subject: RE: [Leica] sarah jessica leica
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 14:53:49 -0400

"dead beagle?" I love it...

Thanks....;-)

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Kyle
Cassidy
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 2:49 PM
To: 'leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us'
Subject: [Leica] sarah jessica leica

>glanced over and saw that Sex In
>The City was being shot on the block, and Sara Jessica Parker was talking
on
>a cell phone about 10 feet from my car. I happened to have my Nikon F100 in
>my lap, set on autofocus and matrix metering, with the 60 2.8 Macro lens
>mounted. I brought the camera to my eye, took a single shot, and the
traffic

i do think b.d. wins this round. it's a fantastic photo. looks like he was
hired to take it and had the full cooperation of a crew of technicians and
an hour to work on getting the best shot.

there have been times when i had my trusty leica but didn't have time to
switch lenses to get the shot that popped up in front of me unexpectedly,
but them's the breaks. you go as prepared as you need to be. i've also had
the #$@#$ing nikon not focus when i press the button, which is maddening. or
even worse, hunt in a place that a dead beagle wouldn't go looking.

kc