Subject: Re: [Leica] Virus woes
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:57:34 -0700

1. No viruses are passed by the LUG. Why else do you think we have the rule that only plain-text mail is permitted?

2. Most viruses, including the Klez32.H@mm, infect only Windows systems.  However, I get 100 copies of it a day sent to my Mac, which certainly affects me. The sense in which Macs are not spared is that a Windows-only virus sends copies of itself willy-nilly to everyplace it can find, without knowing whether the other end is vulnerable.

3. If any member of the LUG has been infected with this virus, his computer will send copies of the virus to everyone with a message in his mailbox. If you have sent to the LUG, you will probably geet a blast of Klez.

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Virus woes)