Subject: Re: [Leica] Lenses For Wedding
From: "olivier nguyen" <oliviertnguyen@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 00:15:49 -0400

Hi there,
all i can tell you (i am not a pro at all ) is that keep your gear as simple
as possible so you can concentrate on picture instead of concentrate on your
gear.

If i was you, I just use what ever I get with one backup body and one main
body.    look like you have only one leica body with 2 lens.  use that two
lens. it will cover all you ever one.  for portrait of couple to few peerson
in frame, 90mm will take care of it.  for group and candid, 35mm will take
care of it.  make sure you bring with you a flash and couple roll of fast
speed film for indoor shot.

I did 2 wedding with my friends.  2 camera bodies 4 lens total with 4
flashes head.  1 nikon FM2n with 24mm + 105mm lens. 1 leica M6ttl with 35mm
lens + 135mm elmarit lens.  1 flash for each camera and with 1 flash setup
on tripod for off camera flash bouce addon.  this is the best part,  I wind
up to use only leica m6ttl with 35mm lens and 2 flash after i did all of the
4 persons portrait pictures.  so bring a lot of equipment does not help but
what help is a equiptment you know it well.

Olivier

>From: "SML" <inyoung@jps.net>
>To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
>Subject: [Leica] Lenses For Wedding
>Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 18:01:57 -0700
>
>Hello,
>
>   I have been asked to take a wedding pictures by a good friend of mine
>who
>knows that I am an enthusiastic photographer.  He would not ask a
>professional wedding photographer for his wedding counting on my
>photographic skill (?).  I do not want him and his bride to be
>disappointed,
>neither do I want to be a blame.
>   Which lenses would be good for a wedding pictures?  It is going to be in
>outdoor club in June.  Any advice will be appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>David
>
>--

No Archive