Subject: [Leica] M4-P question......
From: "James A. Gatlin" <jagatlin@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 16:13:54 -0700

Greetings.....

I'd like to ask anyone in the group who may be familiar with the M4-P.

At present, I have an M6, and a friend of mine recently acquired an very
nice M4-P. Soon thereafter, he was smitten with the new M7, and simply HAS
to have one. He is offering the M4-P to me at what I think is a great price.
I would like to add a second body, but I was thinking of another M6 for
'seamless' switching from one body to the other. My friend has made me an
attractive offer, one I would hate to pass up, but I am still concerned
about the seamless concern. I have never handled an M4-P. Before I ask my
friend to ship it to me, I wanted to seek out the advice from those who
might know.

How similar are the two cameras?

TIA

Jim