Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Jonathan's paw 18
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 08:00:43 -0700

Allan Wafkowski wrote:
>>> I'm glad you kept it open so we can see what is happening around the
> subjects. Nice.<<<

Sorry Allan I don't quite understand what you mean >>> " I'm glad you kept
it open so we can see what is happening" <<<<

Is this not the light creating the effect of openness?  It does appear to be
an overcast soft light day or the smog level is very high and this is
causing a soft boxing light effect.

Or do you mean he created an exposure to make it look like it was a softly
lit day? Or do you mean he developed the film and made a print with a soft
light effect to keep it open.?

I'm just curious as how this could be done, because in many cases of outdoor
sunshine days I'd like to have this kind of light effect, so if there's some
kind of exposure method to cause this soft, no shadow openness I'd sure like
to know how to achieve it.   Thank you.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant