Subject: Re: [Leica] carbon fiber tripods - Thread size
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 06:53:09 -0400

Hi Karina,  if you mean US standard then yes.  I didn't think anybody was
still making anything in the old German(European) size.  There are two
standard tripod threads but you don't see the larger size in the US much
except on large format.  If you have a bunch of older stuff there is an
inexpensive bushing that lets you adapt the female threads down to the
smaller size.

No, I don't much use the M6 on a tripod except when I use the visoflex.  For
the macro stuff then yes almost always.

Only somewhat confusing this morning.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com