Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic Vuescan Help
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <gilplant@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 20:52:26 -0400

First make sure you have the most recent version of VueScan. Start with
the Color balance set to "White Balance." Look at the preview histogram
while you bring the black and white points in or out. The "brightness"
slider controls the gamma. Though I use Tri-X, I usually just leave the
film type set for T-Max 100 CI 55 (the default) and tweak the contrast
with curves in Photoshop. I'm on a Mac, and though the color space
settings have no effect on grayscale output files I set the display
profile to Device (though in Photoshop I use Adobe RGB for color if I
set that as my display profile in VueScan the preview is too dark -- my
Photoshop gray space is Gray  Gamma 1.8).

Hope this helps, it's just what I've come to via trial and (lots of)
error.

Gilbert