Subject: Re: [Leica] carbon fiber tripods?
From: Richard Wasserman <disfromage@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 19:44:52 -0500

Oliver Bryk wrote:

> I just returned from 4 days of day-hiking in Yosemite with my M6 and my arms
> are sore from lugging my 7.5lb Manfrotto up and down the steep trails. Can
> anyone either share personal experience with carbon fiber tripods

Oliver,
I use a Gitzo 1228 for everything from 35mm to 4x5 and 6x17.  It is a little
undersize for 4x5 with longer lenses, but I hang a camera bag from the hook on
the center post which reinforces it quite a bit and makes the tripod stable.  I
like the 1228 a lot; it's lightweight and strong, also collapses into a small
and manageable package.  I think it would be ideal for an M6 with any lens you
want to put on it.  I hope this helps.
Richard Wasserman