Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 AE lock and fitting in
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 09:04:46 -0400

I seem to remember severe financial problems with the introduction of the
M5.  Didn't just about the whole Leica world turn it's collective nose up
and not buy?  Don't many blame the lack of strong sales of the R8 on the
"hunchback factor".  Leica was very wise indeed to pack the changes within
the shell of the accepted M frame.  In fact, if they could redesign the
electronics to bring the topplate back to the size of the classic, that
change would let me use a viso with auto exposure and TTL flash, something I
would find interesting.

Don
doryysrus@mindspring.com