Subject: Re: [Leica] The notta thread
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 18:47:48 -0500

I think the Doctors & Lawyers owning Leica is a stereotype that goes WAY
back from before I was born. When all cameras were rangefinders and a pain
in the ass to use, so they bought the one that put out the best quality. Now
Doctors and Lawyers have progressed to buying more up to date, still high
quality, & simple camera to use. A few might own an R8 but most likely a
Nikon or Canon. And why not, they're still gonna produce great 4x6's or an
occasional 8x10.

It's mostly the "Educated Amateur" that falls for the Leica mystique and
trap. If we had better educations maybe we wouldn't...

And before the flames come my way...

I'm an uneducated photo assistant that may soon work at Target who bought an
M because it was quiet and not for the glass :O but the glass is a nice
bonus ;)

Don't spank me too hard !!

- --
John Straus