Subject: RE: [Leica] M7 at a Bris
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 14:05:09 -0400

Right you are...It was really an SP camera, not an AE, despite Canon hanging
that name on it....And how could I have been off by four years? Good God! So
it really only took Leica 26 years, not, as I inferred, 30 years, to come up
with essentially the same degree of "automation" Canon introduced to its
line in...1976.;-)

B. D.

And then there was the Canon A1 - a wonderful machine, introduced when,
Joseph? I don't recall the year but I do know that I bought one to use along
with my original F1 body, and I believe I recall that it had Shutter
Priority, ApPriority, Manual, and full Auto - right? :-) I also know that I
sold mine to an editor colleague at Newsday in the mid-1980s, and when last
he and I spoke, around 1998 or so, it was still going strong.